Birthday and Smash Cake session for Merseyside and surrounding areas.
A birthday and smash cake session is an absolutely wonderful way to celebrate your little one’s birthday! The photographs taken at your birthday & smash cake session are unique and fun and give you the opportunity to capture your baby’s curiosity and personality at this very special milestone in their lives. It will be our pleasure to work with you and your family to caft a very special photography experience just for your baby.
At your Birthday and Smash Cake session we will take photographs of your little one without the cake at first so you will have lovely images of them playing and having fun, and then we will bring in the cake and style the session for the Smash Cake where your little one will have a great time smashing, eating and generally getting very messy!
What to Wear for Birthday and Smash Cake session
One of the most enjoyable parts of planning a cake smash session has to be choosing an outfit and stylising your baby’s session! We recommend choosing your outfit to compliment the colours in your cake to cohesive look.
Tips on styling your Birthday and Smash cake session
- Choose colours that match or compliment the colours of your cake, brights work best!
- Bring bunting, balloons, party hats, letters ‘one’ or ‘two’ look great (see gallery above)
- a number 1 or 2 for the top of cake
- Ruffles, tulle, nappy covers look lovely
- Accessories such as hats, headbands, necklaces, ties and cute shoes add interest to your photographs
- Avoid pure white in your colours as this won’t photograph too well against the white backdrop
- Bring lots of wipes and a roll of kitchen paper, it’s going to get very messy!
Choosing A Cake
The most important item needed for a Cake Smash session is the cake! We encourage clients to purchase or make their own cake some babies may have special dietary needs or allergies making it important for you to select a cake that keeps your baby healthy. There are many local bakeries now making ‘giant cupcakes’ and also your local supermarket have a great range. Why not use a tier of cup cakes in a cup cake stand instead, the effect would be lovely.
If you would like to book your smash the cake session then please call us on 0151 348 1234 or alternatively click here to contact us.